Are you excited for the upcoming BMW i8 plug-in sports car? If so, you're not the only one. Ever since BMW first showed it off at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show, the collective gaze of Bavarian enthusiasts has been focused on its development. And now, in a bold move that signifies just how close to the streets of BMW Gallery of Norwood the finished model really is, BMW has released specs for the upcoming production model.
Specifically, BMW has released performance benchmarks and fuel economy ratings for the i8 on the European test cycle. And while BMW Gallery of Norwood fully expects these numbers to change once the U.S. version is announced, they do serve as a solid reminder of just how incredible of a vehicle the BMW i8 really is. Can't stand the wait any longer? Without further ado, here they are...
BMW i8 Production Specs At a Glance- Features 1.5-liter, three-cylinder engine, paired with a all-electric motor
- Engine/motor combination delivers 393-hp and 406 lb-ft of torque
- Unique all-wheel drive system draws power from the engine for the rear wheels and from the electric motor for the front
- Races from zero to sixty miles per hour in 4.9 seconds
- Capable of traveling 20 miles in zero-emission electric mode
- Rated at 104.2 miles per gallon combined on the European test cycle
If you're dying to take the BMW i8 plug-in sports car for a test drive once it arrives on the BMW Gallery of Norwood lot, conveniently located at 918 Providence Highway in Norwood, MA 02062, then be sure to stay tuned. There's more information about the final production model to come, and we're dedicated to keeping you informed.